Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dave Ramsey makes me emotional

Ed and I have set out on our journey to financial freedom via Dave Ramsey. We got the cd's from the Financial Peace University from some friends and have been listening to them. I've limited myself to one a day because of the range of emotions that I experience while I listen.
First, I felt angry at my parents for not teaching me more than savings and for helping me get that first credit card. Then I felt regret that Ed and I hadn't started this sooner. We've been married for almost 8 years and we were making boat loads (to us) of money when we first married. Then I heard a very sad story about a guy and I just bawled through the end of it. That pretty much sent me off the emotional deep end for the rest of the day (and I had listened to it on my way to work in the morning). Now, if you know me, you know that I'm pretty even keeled emotionally so this is kind of new territory for me.

I'm grateful that Ed and I are taking this step, but I know it's going to be hard and that I'll have to really think about every dollar I spend. It's going to be quite the emotional ride around here for a few months.

1 comment:

  1. I went through the same emotional roller coaster when I read Dave's book. We have made soooo many financial mistakes, but I'm so glad we are on the right track now. It's not easy to stick to the budget, but it's so helpful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete