Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 7 & 8: Crafter

I love all things crafty! It was sometime in college that it really hit me....I mean I used to pour through Highlights Magazine and made some of the fun stuff in there, but when the crafty bug truly hit me, I was much older. I couldn't stay away from craft stores and wanted/needed more!

I saw someone make embossed tags for Christmas gifts and I wanted to do that! It began my 20+ year long love of being crafty/creative. I made embossed cards for everyone. There is a thrill that comes when someone says, with awe in their voice, "You made this?" (there's even a bit of "For me?" in there oftentimes. It brings a sense of pride and accomplishment to do something like that for someone else.

I've dabbled in many different mediums of craftiness and so far I really seem to enjoy most all of them! My top favorite things to do are sew and make cards or other things using my Silhouette. I've recently made stencils for tshirts and a vinyl cutout for my front door. I even made some stencil letters for a game we put out at work!
Hooded towels

Over the years, I've found that doing something crafty, even something small, brings me great joy! I hope to be able to be crafty for many years to come! What's your favorite thing to craft or medium to craft in?

Candy Bar Wrappers

Puppet hat

Puppet Tent (drafted the pattern for this myself)




No comments:

Post a Comment