Thursday, July 9, 2015

Letter to our home buyers (if the sale ever goes through)

Put our house on the market in April, got a contract in early May, planned to close end of June....still sitting here (all my things in boxes) waiting for the buyers to get their loan together. So, I thought I would put together the letter I'd like to leave them if this thing ever goes through.


Dear buyers,

Welcome to your new home! I hope that you will love as much as we have. Let me tell you a few things about the house and the people around here. 

The three trees in the backyard are very special. My in-laws always gave a tree to their kids when a grandchild was born. We waited to plant our trees until we moved in to what was going to be our lifelong house. I'll get to that later. The Crepe Myrtle on the left belongs to my oldest daughter. The one on the right is my younger daughter's. Each season they eagerly await the blooms. Right now they are full of blooms! Enjoy them as they cycle through their seasons of life! The third tree in the middle is the tree that belongs to my husband and I. What's funny is right after we got the tree, I found out I'm allergic to Live Oak! My husband loves the tree though so we'll just call it his tree...and a funny little tidbit. The tree in the front (also a Live Oak) was planted about a year before the one in the back....builder grade tree!

In the front yard are several rose bushes. My sweet mother-in-law gave me mini roses for Mother's day one year after my oldest was born. Those are no longer with us, but it started a love of roses for me. She has passed away, but the roses remind me of her when I see them. And the smell of the bright pink roses in the middle remind me of a Barbie my grandma bought me when I was about 6.

We brought our second born home to this house. Found out about my oldest girl's food allergies here. We learned how to manage our money here. We have loved and laughed and cried in this house. We have shared joy and sorrow with friends. I hope your time here is filled with that and more. 

This house is surrounded by the BEST neighbors around. To the left is C. She is quiet, but would do anything to help you out. She won't hear much from her, but knowing she's there is comforting. On the right is D and L. They are awesome! L is a great lady and D cooks the best smelling food every weekend. They have great kids whom we have come to love. They will be missed more than they will ever know! 

Across the street to the left is G. He is a yard guy so grab some tips from him! Directly across is A. She has 3 beautiful girls and I've loved getting to know her. She will sometimes leave her garage door open. You just have to let her know you closed it! :) On the other side of A is the M family. They are tops in my book as well! With 4 beautiful girls and generous spirits, they are amazing! M (the wife) is my oil friend! She can give you the 411 on all the oil info you will ever need. M (the husband) is super awesome and full of knowledge. Also would do anything for you! The M family has the exact same house as this one (with the exception of the front porch - they built first and we weren't allowed to have a porch - stupid developer rules). We watch out for each other around here....kinda the Mrs. Kravitzes of Chadwick Farms! Ask L or M to add you to the facebook page. There you will find out all kinds of info about the 'hood.

Your kids will go to Cox Elementary School up the hill. It's a great school with very caring teachers. My girls have thrived there and hopefully your kids will too.

And finally, why are we moving from this house that we love so much? Well, we moved in thinking this would be our forever house. We also thought we'd have more kids and that my parents might come live with us. Neither of those is gonna happen now. But that's okay. Also, I left my job earlier this year so I can stay home with our girls. Staying in this house doesn't allow for that to happen long term.

So, I hope that you are able to fill this house with love and joy. I hope you settle in with the neighbors and make some good friends! I hope that you will find your time here filled with a plethora of memories. 


And now let me go find some Kleenex to dry my eyes. I will miss you house on Landing Creek Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment